Kenix Lau, Tina Yeh
Growing up in different parts of the world and creating music, Yoyo Sham, a singer-songwriter, now decided to stay in Hong Kong, her birthplace, to continue her music journey. The idea of “floating” and “home”, either in terms of feeling or the lifestyle she has experienced, is reflected in her first Cantonese album - “Home is…”. With “Come What May” （風的形狀）as the first song in this first Canto album.
To promote the new song, “Come What May”, as well as Yoyo Sham’s popularity in Hong Kong, the artist’s team has collaborated with Prizm on a series of 3 Instagram campaigns. An interactive Song of Answers Instagram Stories Q&A campaign is one of the collaborative promotions.
- To promote the new song “Come What May”
- To interact with fans and audiences and create an approachable image
- To familiarize audiences with Yoyo Sham and her music through personal questions
- To increase audience engagements on social media platforms
Prizm has launched three rounds of Instagram Stories Q&As for Yoyo, with different “Come What May” lyrics chosen as the respective theme for each round. With these chosen lyrics, namely “你想聽無非心裡的直覺”, “離別的故事散落途上”, “紮根也好旅居也好”, audiences were encouraged to ask Yoyo questions by typing them down via the Q&A box on Instagram Stories. Questions were then filtered and chosen by Prizm for Yoyo to sing out the answers on her Instagram stories.
The Sparkling Spots
- Themes selected in the 3 rounds of Instagram Stories Q&A campaigns were presenting the song’s core messages
- Yoyo responded to audiences’ questions with publicly recognised songs, which strengthened her identity as a Hong Kong singer
- Interactive Instagram Stories were used instead of a general Q&A to focus on portraying Yoyo’s personality and closely engaged with audiences
- More than 55 Instagram Stories were published for Yoyo to reply to audiences’ questions, showcasing audiences’ active engagements
- Achieved more than 220,000 total audience reach and impressions
Kenix Lau, Tina Yeh